Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Blogging update

Well, I just spent a whole lot of time playing around with my template. I like the new look, but I'll have to do without Haloscan for a while. They say they are developing a way to make Haloscan comments work with Blogger Beta and will release it in the next few days, and at that point, I'll re-install it. For now, I'll deal with Blogger commenting. I was this close to giving up on Blogger and getting a Wordpress blog, but then I realized that with Blogger Beta you can make up your own color scheme and that made it worth while to stay. That and I don't want to go through the hassle of making everybody re-do their blogroll.

After I finished all this, I realized I was unconsciously copying the color scheme from So Many Books -- I hope you don't mind Stefanie! I just like the colors a lot. What I really want is a blog with long lines -- I'm not fond of the narrow columns -- and this new template gives me just what I need.